Temporary employment is a growing trend in the U.S. for a number of reasons. It has had a positive economic impact on American lives and the number of temporary employees has spiked since the 2008 recession – making temporary employment at its all-time highest since 1990 government records.
Not only does temporary employment benefit companies as a whole, but it also benefits the employees individually. By working through a qualified staffing franchise, temporary employees are more prepared for success and here are a few ways how:
- Gain relevant experience – Partnering with a staffing agency that specializes in your industry can ensure your temporary job is pertinent to your goals. This partnership allows you to select your contract work wisely and you are provided with adequate training.
- Have a polished resume – Temporary employment keeps your resume alive. Future employers will take notice of your decision to work temporarily in a different field rather than not working at all. This point of interest will highlight your dedication and determination to have continued work.
- Opportunity for permanent employment – A major benefit for a temporary employee is the potential for full-time employment. If a temp continually exhibits a positive attitude and strong work ethic and they have the required skills for the position, it may be to both the employer and the employee’s best interest to move forward into a full-time position.
- Find the next step – No matter what the individual’s plans are post-work, a temporary employment opportunity can shed light on the next possible step. Employees get a hands-on experience in an industry. This is the perfect opportunity to determine if it’s a career they wish to pursue.
- Meet more people – Regardless of the employee’s experience with his or her temporary job, you can always guarantee they will make new connections unavailable to them otherwise. Opening the door to new relationships can provide solid references.
- Keep your skills sharp – In addition to gaining experience, temporary work keeps your skills sharp and ready-to-go for your next move. Whether temporary employment is a bridge to your next position or it is an opportunity for you to explore various fields, your skills will stay sharp.
It’s important to take a look into how temporary employment can be beneficial to the individual. If you would like to know more about staffing and temporary employment in your area, contact the professionals at AtWork Group to get you closer to your next job.